Friday, March 23, 2012

And may the odds be ever in your favor

Last night, I saw The Hunger Games premiere! My review: 


IT WAS AWESOME!!!!



I didn't even have trouble staying awake for it- it was that good. I know that a lot of people had criticisms, but I thought it was entertaining and pretty true to how I imagined everything in the book... although, I did read the first book when it came out a few years ago. So it's been a while. 


But as for what I liked: Here's a list!


1. Casting! I thought everyone was cast very well. At first, I was not happy about Jennifer Lawrence being Katniss, but she was perfect! I thought she looked a lot younger in the film, just like Katniss was supposed to be. And she has this believable look, like you know she is intense and could kill you in a minute, but she's also naive in knowing how the games really work. 


I'm excited to see how they handle the rest of the movies!

2. This guy's beard. I just thought it was cool. All of the costumes and makeup were amazing. 

Another example is Katniss's dress. It looked amazing when it was on fire!

3. Adaptation of the plot. The relationship between Katniss and Peeta blossomed exactly as I imagined it. And the ending was exactly how I pictured it!



So I liked a lot more than that, but those categories were pretty general, so let's just leave it at that... or I would be talking all day long (no joke!). 


What I didn't like:
1. Rue died too quickly. I liked her character and she died so much faster that I thought she should have! Her and Katniss made a great team. And it was great that the two of them made that pact to work together, because Rue was almost like a little sister to Katniss- but she knew what she was doing too!


2. Gale was not in the movie enough. I thought that his role was really underrepresented! But in the next two movies, I bet his character will show up a lot more. 

3. The end. I was not happy when the move was over. Don't get me wrong, the ending was amazing! But I wanted the movie to keep going! I was sad when it was over :(





No comments:

Post a Comment