Saturday, February 4, 2012

Synagogue

Tonight I went to a local temple for their Shabbat Service. It was such an interesting experience! I went because I am writing an article about an event there today, but staying for the service really opened my eyes.

I wasn't planning on staying for the whole thing, but it just happened that way. Although I could not understand half of the stuff they were saying and I didn't know all of the customs, it was beautiful! They had one cantor who had one of the most amazing voices I have ever heard! It was even more amazing when she sang in Hebrew.

And the temple was enormous! I was not expecting it to be such a big and wonderfully constructed building.








Also, it was nice to be there on a Friday night. Knowing most of my peers were getting ready to go party and drink, it was refreshing to be at a service. Yes, it wasn't with my religion, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment