Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ash Wesdnesay

Tomorrow is the first day of Lent. Going to a Christian university means that a good amount of people participate, including me. It's really interesting to see what people choose to give up and if they succeed or not.

I'm giving up desserts- except chocolate milk! I know that I'm not supposed to make exceptions, but I've been drinking chocolate milk after Body Pump because it really helps my muscles. Plus, it's not really dessert, right? But I'm going to compromise by trying out healthier ways to make chocolate milk. I looked up a few recipes today and I was happily surprised by what I found. I'll have to see how they turn out :)

Also, I am going to read my Lenten book every day. My church gives out this tiny black book that has a short, one paragraph reading every day with a reflection. Last year, I kept forgetting to read it. But this year I am going to remember the real reason that I am giving something up and participating and I think reading this book will help.

And last, but not least, I have to fast tomorrow. I've never participated in fasting for Lent before. I was too young and then I got in the habit of not doing it because I was a runner. Tomorrow I will try it though! I think I will be fine if I just keep drinking a lot during the day.

Hope everyone enjoyed Mardi Gras/Fat Tuesday. I know I definitely pigged out and enjoyed some traditional Mardi Gras music at lunch today. It was a great day- super stoked that this week is going ten times better than last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment