Saturday, February 25, 2012

10k!

This morning, I woke up dark and early to run the Cowtown 10k... see what I did there? Dark and early, not bright and early. Don't hate me because I'm corny.



But it was really dark out and I thought for one second about just staying in bed. That feeling quickly passed though. I got there right on time and only had to stand at the starting line for a few minutes before the race started.

It was under 40 degrees, but for some reason it didn't feel that cold to me. I could see my breath the entire race though.

I had so much fun! Since I lost my iPod and have been having a crazy couple of weeks, I haven't run outside much. Today, I didn't even realize I didn't have an iPod until 2 miles in. And I was really enjoying the scenery and passing people. Oh, did I pass people.

I was planning on taking the race pretty easy, but I got too competitive. Once I started passing people, I just wanted to pass more. The entire race I was passing people- there had to be hundreds!



I did 9 minute mile pace and faster the whole race. I was sore and tired, but it felt wonderful and I'm so proud of myself. It's been a while since I've ran that much.

Plus I went to Body Pump after, so I will be even more sore later today and tomorrow. Totally worth it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment