Sunday, November 13, 2011

Too early? Yes? No?

So I've been hearing a lot of arguments lately about whether Christmas starts too early. I love Christmas. I love the decorations, the spirit, and the cookies! My sister and I bake constantly during the holiday season.

But I do agree that Thanksgiving gets the short end of the stick. After Halloween decorations leave the store, Christmas decorations are out. I went to the Dollar Store a few days before Halloween to buy more candy and the Halloween stuff was already taken down! Christmas stuff filled the whole store!

I can't be hypocritical there. I work at the store where Christmas starts in July. At Hallmark, our first phase of Ornament Premiere is at the beginning of July and there is a phase basically each month.

So on the one side, I love Christmas stuff. And as part of my job, I have to love it. But on the other hand, I wish that people would remember Thanksgiving. It's such a great holiday and it's one of my favorite to celebrate with my family and friends.

What do y'all think?

No comments:

Post a Comment