Thursday, November 10, 2011

Oh the weather outside is frightful

I know that is the lead to a winter/holiday song, but that is how I felt this morning! My plan was to wake up early and go running.

 I've been a little bored with my running routine lately, so I thought switching it up would help. Waking up in the morning and being the only one out running while the sun was rising sounded wonderful to me.



But even though I've been complaining about the cold weather so much lately, it didn't occur to me that it would be freezing out! I stepped outside in shorts and a long sleeve shirt- I couldn't believe how bitter cold it was. I could see my breath and my throat immediately starting burning when I took in the cold air.

I made it through the whole run though! Needless to say, I cut it short, but at least I ran the whole time. Two times was about all I could make it through. I'll need to find ways to prevent that burning throat feeling.

Do y'all have ideas about how to prevent that?


A plus about running in the cold- my legs felt great! I wasn't sore at all once I got outside. It's like being in an ice bath without actually being in one!


No comments:

Post a Comment