Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pumpkin

It's so weird how our tastes change as we get older!

I used to hate pumpkin when I was little. My mom would make pumpkin pies and I wouldn't go near them. They looked gross and I didn't like the texture.

But now I love pumpkin! Seriously, when I was home this past weekend for break, my mom and I had so much pumpkin stuff!

The second I got off of the plane, we went to The Good Egg for breakfast and split mini pumpkin pecan pancakes with a spiced cream cheese frosting. So yummy! More like dessert, but wonderful nonetheless.

These aren't the actual pancakes, but they look really similar to this!

Then, when we got home, we made all of our Thanksgiving desserts, including pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread. 



We finished the pumpkin bread while I was home, so we made even more before I left so I could bring some to school with me!

We looked up even more pumpkin recipes too, but didn't make them all. My friend made pumpkin biscotti, which sounds really interesting! Pumpkin cheesecake also looked good! And pumpkin blondie brownies. 

Can you ever get too much pumpkin? I don't think so. Funny how I went from only liking pumpkins to make Jack-o-lanterns to eating as much pumpkin as possible. 






No comments:

Post a Comment