Sunday, December 11, 2011

A little bit of everything

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. -Colin Powell


Finals week is finally here. I'm happy in a way because I just want finals to be over with. But I'm also worried because I haven't been using my time as effectively as I could have. 4 days in a row without class to study? That's extremely generous of the school, but I can't study for 4 days straight! With no class to interrupt. With shortened Rec hours so I can't work out early in the morning or late at night. With saying "Oh, I can go out tonight because I'll study tomorrow."


None of those things combine to create a productive Mariah. I feel like I have studied a lot! But I know I haven't been studying as much as other people, so that makes me feel lazy. 


I didn't study at all on Wednesday after class because I had a girl's day/night with my friends. I didn't study Thursday night because we had APO semi-formal. I didn't study all of Friday night because I watched a movie with people in my hall. And last night I went to the basketball game and sorta studied/watched Hulu in my room after. Today I had study groups with people from my classes, which helped. But then I had choir and church and have not been productive since. 


I'm ready for 3 out of my 5 finals. One I need to prepare more for is a presentation so that should be easy. And the last one is on Friday, so I have a little time. I think I just need to believe in myself and believe that I am smart enough to do well in my classes! I've prepared, worked hard all semester, and have learned from my mistakes on past tests/presentations. I'm doing exactly what Colin Powell says. 


Wish me luck! I'll try to do at least one post every day this week. But don't hate me if I miss one- I am in college and it is finals week!

No comments:

Post a Comment