Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Baby it's cold outside... still

I can't get used to this cold! Seriously, it just is terrible! I bundle up to go outside and I'm still cold. I go back inside and turn up the heat and I'm still cold! I put on more clothes, and well... you get it. 

Weather for Fort Worth, TX

31°F | °CTueWedThuFri
Mostly SunnyClearMostly SunnyMostly Sunny
Overcast
Wind: NW at 13 mph
Humidity: 69%36°27°50°27°52°31°52°31°

But it's weird because the other day I went outside in shorts and a sweatshirt on my way to the Rec. It's like a two minute walk, maybe less. But I wasn't cold at all. Normally I'm freezing just thinking about going outside!

My theory is that I feel invincible in work out clothes. It doesn't even matter if it's my fancy running clothes or just Nike shorts and a t-shirt. I always feel ready to go and that warms me up when I'm outside. 

When I ran my half marathon, I wore shorts and a t-shirt, even to the starting line. Everyone was wearing a bunch of clothes and standing by heaters, but I wasn't cold. Keep in mind that was in AZ in December, when it gets down to like 40 in the morning usually. Here it was in the 20's and 30's this morning. 



Even though I feel that way about work out clothes, which is totally random, I know- I still can't get myself to go running outside. I'm a wimp and as much as I hate the treadmill, I'd rather go on that than go outside and get frostbite, hypothermia, or a cold. 



I can be dramatic about the cold, in case you can't tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment