Friday, January 13, 2012

Determination


Today I was at Reporting Bootcamp from 8:45 to 4. I know that's shorter than a normal work day for most people, but it felt so long to me! 


First, I had to listen to people talk for about 2.5 hours. Just sit there and listen. And interject sometimes. 


Then I had to work on writing my story. That means I had to write and research and write and research, and do all of that some more. But it also means that I got to do some more interviewing today!


I interviewed the president of the Brite Divinity School. He is one of the nicest men ever and everyone in his office is so sweet. I interviewed him for about 20 minutes, but it was so relaxed. He even showed me around the building a little bit and gave me a bunch of papers that I can use for my story. 


And the recruitment officer at Brite sent me a bunch of photos for a slideshow that is going along with my story!


I absolutely LOVE reporting. But sitting down to write my story was not as enjoyable. I've always liked writing, but today I didn't. I was unfocused and just wanted to go take more pictures or talk to people. 


So I don't think my story is that wonderful. But we'll see when I get it back from the copy editors!


I did get an exciting offer today though! Instead of working for the Skiff, I will be working for the109! I will get to cover local politics, which is really exciting! I can't wait. 


Anyways, back to the picture. Determination. I need some of it. I worked all day, but I just needed determination to do that. Unfortunately, I did not have determination to run today. But a day off won't hurt me, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment