Thursday, October 25, 2012

Warning: Lots of dessert in this post!!!

Let the birthday celebrations begin! On Saturday, we woke up early and had breakfast at the hotel. Our hotel was really nice and had pretty flowers in vases near the food. The rose one reminded me of Beauty and the Beast haha. 

First stop of the day: Rosslyn. The escalator at that stop is huge!


We walked over the bridge from Virginia into DC. You can see Georgetown in this picture! 




Our motivation for making it over the bridge :)


GEORGETOWN CUPCAKES! So many to choose from! We got there at a great time though, because we barely had to wait in line. 

Before:                                                                   


We got Salted Caramel and Red Velvet :) 


All gone!


After that, we walked around and shopped for a while before lunch. Warning: if you judge people for eating too many desserts in one day, stop reading now! 

 

We went to Serendipity for lunch- there are 4 in the US and so far I have been to 3. The first time we went was when my mom and our friends went to the one in NYC for our 16th birthday trip- where has the time gone?!

In case you haven't seen the movie, this is how we knew we wanted to go to Serendipity. It started this whole trend of wanting to go to all of them. Go watch this movie now! 

 


 Can you catch the spelling mistake on the menu? Anyone want some Hazelbut liquer? I sure don't...


Dessert! This is the part where you don't judge and forget that fact that we already had cupcakes... We got 2 red velvet cake sundaes and 2 frozen hot chocolates and split them between all 4 of us. By the way, we all split meals so we would have room for dessert- we were thinking ahead :)



After finishing lunch and walking through the rest of Georgetown, we went to the Capitol to take pictures. With all of the fall leaves, it looked absolutely beautiful!  



Me in front of the Capitol. Hopefully I can start taking better pictures of myself with the iPhone. Although this one still has random people and a dog in it... 


After this, we headed to Union Station to get ready for our Night Tour! 

How many times do you eat dessert on your birthday?











5 comments:

  1. Wonderful posting of your birthday events. I don't need to go back to Wash DC now, I have great pictures to remind of all the activities available in our nation's capital. I want to go back to college now, and get an intern opportunity in Washington DC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha but DC is still so much fun- don't tell me you don't want to come back and visit!

      Just tell your work that you need some time off to explore other options at internships haha.

      Delete
  2. I would eat as many desserts as served to me on my birthday! I hope that down the road you print off your blog/pics to make a scrapbook of a lifetime!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should! I figured I will post all the pictures on Facebook and make a scrapbook at the end of the semester- but I never thought about doing a scrapbook of my blog!

      Delete
  3. A Friend of my has an awesome blog of her family & she is doing that. I'm not sure if she contact "blogspot" or if she figured out away to print it herself. I will ask & get back to you :)

    ReplyDelete