Friday, October 12, 2012

Fall is beginning!

Sorry it took so long to post this! I actually wrote it on Sunday, but forgot to publish it. :(

Sunday morning was rainy and cold, but I did not let that put a damper in my plans! My friends and I went to brunch and planned a fun day.

We went to brunch at this place called Zest in SE DC. I've heard that SE is sketchy, but the area we went to was really nice. We ran into Eastern Market, which is kind of like a farmer's market with a bunch of vendors selling everything you could think of.


The skies were really grey, but the market was adorable. It was on a brick road and so many people brought their dogs. 


I bought some pears and apples- I'm pretty sure they are the best pears and apples I have ever tasted. No more grocery store fruit for me, I liked this better! It's local and better for the environment :) Little PSA there haha. 

Then we walked to the Air and Space Museum. We decided to go on a tour because it was only supposed to be an hour and a half, but our tour guide had a lot to say!




I walked back after the museum and passed by the Capitol on the way. I can never get enough pictures of it :)


I spent the rest of my rainy day baking pumpkin bread and pumpkin cookies. It was a typical fall day! But luckily for me, the temperatures are supposed to go back up this week- I'm not the biggest fan of the cold. 

What are your favorite fall recipes? 
Cold or hot weather? I like hot weather better! 


1 comment:

  1. Another wonderful week for you in Washington DC. No favorite fall recipes.

    Obviously I like hot weather better, but I'm somewhat surprised by you liking hot weather better. I remember moving from Rhode Island to Arizona, and I thought you and your sister were going to hitch hike back to Rhode Island after we got to Arizona.

    ReplyDelete