Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The wrong side of the White House

I've been to the White House three times since I've been in DC and didn't realize until recently that I was always looking at the back! So yesterday, my goal was to correct that dumb mistake of mine haha.

This is the back of the White House, which is much more photogenic than the front.


Here is the front of the White House.


Kind of far away, which makes more sense to me now. I wondered why they would have the front of the house so close to the road! I figured it would have been really awkward for the First Family...


It looks better when I zoom in. So beautiful! 


I also didn't realize how close the Washington Monument was to the front of the White House. I run past there all the time and it's less than a quarter mile away, I think. Yes, you can all officially say that I'm the dumb tourist! 

Anyways, that's all of the sightseeing I did in between classes. Well, besides sightseeing at Macy's, H&M, and Payless :) Looking for a fancy dress for a gala I have to go to on Monday and I'm not sure if anything I have with me will work. I guess I'll have to find something soon!

What was your worst dumb tourist moment?








No comments:

Post a Comment