Monday, September 24, 2012

Books and flowers

After my long run around the mall this morning and a good pancake breakfast, I went back to the mall for a fun afternoon!

I called my mom while I was walking to the mall and ended up walking around for almost 2 hours while on the phone with her. I saw the Capitol, the Washington Monument, the WWII Memorial, the Reflecting Pool, and the Lincoln Monument- all while I was on the phone! We talk a lot :)



After we hung up, I went to the National Book Festival. It was great to be in a place where everyone loves books as much as I do. 

I listened to a few authors speak, 


                                      

looked around the book store at the festival, 


and got a free tote bag from CSPAN!


I walked around the festival for most of the afternoon and then went to the Botanic Garden. 


Of course, I stopped to smell the roses :)



I know I post a lot of pictures of the Capitol, but I just go there so often! And it's so pretty! Everyone was sitting and playing in the grass in front of it today. 


I was extremely tired after walking all afternoon and running in the morning, so the rest of my day was spent in my apartment relaxing haha. 

What is your favorite book?
Are you the kind of person who walks or sits when on the phone?











2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day. The weather must be ideal at this time of year?

    I don't really have a favorite book, just like to read.

    If possible, I do like to talk on the phone while walking. I did that one time in Washington DC, walking from the New York Metro Station to Union Station, and it was very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather was a little cold when I went running yesterday, it was low 60's in the morning. But it was really nice out when I walked around in the afternoon, between high 60's and low 70's.

      Haha I remember when you did that :p Not too long ago, huh?

      Delete