Monday, September 17, 2012

Y'all come back now!

On Saturday, TCU had an early football game! The game started at 12 and we heard that an alumni group here was meeting at a restaurant called Hill Country to have a watch party.


I met some really nice TCU alumni- I can't wait to spend more time with them at other watch parties! And the food was amazing. I had some really awesome BBQ, mac and cheese, cornbread, and sweet tea, basically typical Texas. 


The tea was served in mason jars! The picture is old colored, but I promise the food was good. If you are ever in DC and want BBQ, go here. We were at Hill Country for about 4 hours and TCU won! It was a great game and it was fun to cheer on the team with fellow Horned Frogs. Also, they had signs saying "Y'all come back now!" at the exit, but I forgot to take a picture :(


Afterwards, a bunch of us walked to the H Street Festival. I wasn't sure what to expect, but the place was extremely crowded. The festival was about 5 blocks long and it was impossible to walk through!


The festival had food trucks, businesses with tents set up, performers, concert stages, and more. There were quite a few interesting characters. The people on stage in the above photo were all dressed in costumes- some were performing, some were just standing there completing the look I guess haha. 


This band was my favorite! Their name is Dance Party- they had catchy music and were very entertaining! The guy on the right made the most hilarious faces the entire time. The lead singer is in the middle and he was all over the stage, twirling, jumping, and dancing. And they had someone on the left of the stage signing all of the songs, which I thought was amazing. 

All around a good day! TCU won the game, I met some amazing people and ran into some alum that I already knew, listened to good music, and got to experience a DC street festival. 

Have you been to a street festival before or do you have a favorite festival to go to?
Once again, did your football team win this weekend?





1 comment:

  1. that sounds like a really fun day. so glad to hear you are doing good!!

    ReplyDelete