Tuesday, September 20, 2011

You are stronger than you believe


"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. " -A.A. Milne


Christopher Robin said this to Pooh. I love this quote for two reasons:

1. It helps me whenever I'm having a difficult day. People always seem to put themselves down, instead of realizing how amazing they truly are. 

2. It helped me today when I was running (surprising? I think so.). I am definitely not in as good of shape as I was when I ran cross country and track in high school. And it's actually hard for me to  motivate myself to run faster, without an entire team pushing me along. 

But today, when I was at the rec center running, I just kept bumping up the speed. I went faster than I had ran in a long long long time. I did it though! I was a lot stronger than I seemed. 

So basically what I'm trying to say is, be your best. Push yourself to be that absolute best. And don't let yourself or anyone else say you can't do anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment