Thursday, August 30, 2012

Time to move again!

Yesterday was moving day, which makes my total of moves in the past month equal 3. Yes, 3. After leaving Arizona, staying in a hotel for a week, and staying in an apartment in Alexandria for a week and half, now I'm in the apartment that I will stay in for the rest of the semester!

At 9 a.m., a van came to pick us up. It was more like a mini bus, but apparently the driver wasn't warned about how much stuff we had. He was not at all happy about the fact that over half of the van was filled with our stuff- it was packed!



Anyways, we made it to our new apartment safe and sound. I checked in and we managed to get a mini bus full of stuff into our apartments. As of now, I still have no roommates. I hope they show up soon!

We walked to Union Station to eat lunch and then walked to Harris Teeter (a grocery store near here) to stock up. I never realized how many things you need to keep a kitchen stocked with just the basics!



Also, since I am addicted to baking, I had to buy flour, oil, baking soda, etc. Let's just say my bags were very heavy to carry back to the apartment. Luckily it was only about a quarter of a mile.

I've met some really nice people so far, just in the elevator and around the building. Here's to hoping this is a good sign for the rest of the semester!

I have orientation for the next 2 days. Also, I'm starting up a countdown until my internship starts! I can't wait :) Hope y'all have a great day!

Countdown= 5 days until my internship

Do you like baking/cooking? What's your favorite recipe?
Have you ever had an internship? Where?

2 comments:

  1. Never had an internship before, so it is nice I will now be able to follow DC Girl and her internship experience. Good location to be able to walk to Union Station and have a nice lunch. Where did you eat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went to Pret a Manger- they have all organic sandwiches and salads. But the walk is only 10 minutes, so it makes for a nice lunch break!

      Delete