Saturday, December 1, 2012

Ice Skating On The Mall!

On Friday night, my friends and I went out for dinner and ice skating! The National Sculpture Garden has an ice rink open during the winter and we wanted to go!  

The rink is outdoors- quite a change from anywhere you can go ice skating in AZ or TX. There were pretty lights hanging up and they played good music! 

 
It was my idea to go ice skating and then decided it was a bad idea the second we got there! I haven't been ice skating in forever; the last time I went, I held onto the wall the whole time. But I laced up my skates and gave it a try. 

It was busy there so the ice was really rough, but I got the hang of it! After my first few times around, I could skate without holding onto the wall. 

And after they used the Zamboni on the ice, it was a lot easier to skate. I had so much fun... until the last five minutes. I fell on my butt and it hurt sooooooooooooooooo bad (that is not an exaggeration, I think I actually bruised something haha). 

After I finally got up and made it back around to the exit, they told us that our skating time was up. I guess it was the perfect timing to fall, if there is such a thing. 

After, we went to get hot chocolate and cupcakes in Gallery Place. The cupcakes were not nearly as good as Baked and Wired or Georgetown Cupcakes, but it was still a nice way to end the night :) 

When was the last time you went ice skating?
Do you like ice skating?
Have you done any winter-themed activities yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment